Alloway State School comprises three classrooms, one which was established in 1923 after the school was moved several hundred metres to the north of Goodwood Road. Block A houses two classrooms and Block B comprises the school administration, Principal's office and staffroom.
Block C caters for prep year and years one and two class in a modular building. There is an undercover area, multi-purpose court which was upgraded through the Investing in Schools grant and a new adventure playground which was funded through the Federal Government.
The school has had a number of facilities upgraded, including a new amenities block, which was completed through capital works funding at the end of 2010. Other upgrades include a resource centre, which was funded through the Building the Education Revolution initiative.
All classrooms are fully air conditioned and have an interactive whiteboard. There are over 14 computers, and 13 iPads, which means a ratio of approximately three students to every computer. The computers and iPads are situated in all classrooms.